Thank you to all our valued customers who trust and choose Enjoybot Battery. We sincerely appreciate your support. To ensure optimal performance and extend the lifespan of your Enjoybot Battery packs, we require following the steps below to BALANCE THE VOLTAGE of your battery packs before connecting them:
- Begin by charging each battery individually using a compatible charger. This will ensure that each battery is fully charged before proceeding to the next steps.
- Once all battery packs are fully charged, connect them in parallel for a period of more than 12 hours. This allows for equalization of voltage between the battery packs.
- After the parallel connection has been maintained for the required time, untie the parallel connection.
- Use a multimeter to measure the voltage of each battery pack individually. Make a note of the voltage value for each pack.
- Check the voltage difference between each battery pack. If the difference is ≤40mV, this indicates that the battery pack has reached a voltage balance.
- Once the voltage balance is achieved across all the battery packs, you can safely connect them together to achieve the desired capacity or voltage for your specific application.
- Once connected, charge the entire battery pack with a charger of the appropriate volts. (For example, if you connect four 12V batteries in series to form a 48V battery pack, then please use a 58.4V charger to charge the entire battery pack in order to maintain the voltage difference between each battery.)
By following these steps, you can optimize the performance and lifespan of your Enjoybot Battery packs.
The reason for this requirement is because when multiple batteries are connected in series or parallel, if one of the batteries has a significantly lower voltage than the others, the BMS (Battery Management System) of that battery will activate its low voltage protection function. This will cause the other batteries, which are functioning normally, to stop discharging. As a result, the overall battery capacity of the entire energy storage system will be insufficient. By manually balancing the voltage between battery packs before connecting the batteries, we can avoid such incidents.
Moreover, if you are using multiple batteries connecting, it is possible for voltage variations to occur between each battery after six months of usage. To ensure the optimal performance of the battery, we highly recommend rebalancing the voltage of each battery every six months.
If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to contact our customer service team at email@example.com. We are here to help!